DukeLIFE maintains a fund to help students alleviate the cost of purchasing professional attire for job/internship interviews and conference presentation. Students may apply to receive up to $250 for clothing purchases for a job/internship interview or conference presentation. Applications will be reviewed once a month (deadlines on the application) and awards will be made until funds are exhausted.
- DukeLIFE undergraduates who are actively enrolled in either Trinity or Pratt and who have demonstrated highest financial need as indicated in their financial aid records. The DukeLIFE office notified all students who meet the financial eligibility criteria for the 2021-2022 academic year via email on September 16, 2021. Please check your email for receipt of this communication before applying. Students may also write email@example.com to inquire about their eligibility.
- Student will not receive funding for past purchases.
- Students may be awarded once during their time at Duke.
1. Complete and submit the application. Provide all requested information. Applications will be reviewed according to the calendar attached to the application.
2. Set up direct deposit. Approved students will receive a grant of $250, payable through the non-compensatory system. To receive the funding through direct deposit, please complete and submit a hardcopy of the non-comp direct deposit form and submit to Duke Corporate Payroll, either in person or by mail. Direct deposit for workstudy and financial aid refunds are separate systems and do not count. If you do not submit the direct deposit form, then you will receive a paper check at the mailing address listed on Duke Hub. Please ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date. As it is common for these checks to get lost in the mail, we strongly encourage you to set up direct deposit.
3. Request alternative arrangements, if necessary. Students who are undocumented and are unable to receive funding through the non-compensatory system may email Dr. Sachelle Ford (firstname.lastname@example.org), director of DukeLIFE, to request alternate arrangements.