LIFE Peer Mentors
Announcement: Mentee recruitment for incoming students from the class of 2026 is currently underway. If you are an incoming first-year student from the DukeLIFE community and you would like to be matched with a DukeLIFE upperclassman, please register:
DukeLIFE Partners with Mentor Collective
LIFE Peer Mentors enhances the incoming student experience by linking them one-on-one with a peer mentor. Students are paired with upperclassmen invested in their success–someone ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges, and recognize opportunities. Incoming students with learn what to expect at Duke, how to approach challenges, and gain career advice. At the same time, mentors will build their networks and develop skills to become better leaders.
During the 2021-2022 school year, DukeLIFE peer mentors helped over 120 incoming students find success and community as they transition to Duke.
How it Works
Incoming students will be matched with a peer mentor based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations. To get started, mentees and mentors register and complete and online survey to paint a holistic picture of their interests and experiences.
What do Mentors and Mentees Discuss?
- How will my major impact my profesional options?
- How do I navigate the Duke social scene?
- How do I connect with the 1G/LI community at Duke?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers, professors, and professional contacts?